Wilderness Festival: A celebration of the arts and the outdoors, Wilderness Festival is unique in pioneering live performances, talks and debates as well as theatrical spectaculars. It has won the Best New Festival (2011) at the UK Festival Awards and Best Festival under 15,000 capacity (Live UK Music Business Awards).
View photos from NOW Festival at Wilderness 2013 here.
See a summary of the participants from NOW Festival at Wilderness 2013 here.
NOW Festival at Wilderness Festival
NOW Festival Tent, Natures Stage, Children’s Area, Roving Thursday 8 – Sunday 11 August The line-up for our launch this year includes…
- Ruby Wax leads her first ever mindfulness workshop, sharing her own tools of how to rein in a galloping mind.
- Join Psychologies Magazine, running one of their renowned interactive debates
- Come and hear Oliver Burkeman, journalist and writer and author of ‘The Antidote’, discussing his work in the context of ‘the now’
- Engage with the world-renowned Action for Happiness and their ‘Keys to Happier Living’
- Take part in a theatre workshop with RSC actress Joan Iyiola, exploring where theatre and mindfulness merge
- Catch the moment with J P Flintoff, author of ‘How to Change the World’ (School of Life) and master of improvisation activities and play
- Come and play with Mindapples and their participatory pop-up installations, asking you, ‘What’s the 5-a-day for your mind’?
- Drop by for a talk on where philosophy and the ‘now’ meet with the brilliant Philosophy Bites and Nigel Warburton
- Catch an impromptu sound explosion with brass spectacular Trans-Siberian March Band
- Get out your pencils and paints for a spectacular group art class with a twist with the fun-loving Guerilla Science crew
- Connect with an exercise in ‘engineered serendipity’ with a meeting of The League of Pragmatic Optimists and inspirational Futurist and acclaimed author Mark Stevenson
- Jump into the water in our ‘Wild Swimming & Poetry’ workshop with Bloodaxe poet Anna Selby, at the Wilderness lake
- Experience the infectious enthusiasm of Simon Mole, the poet from the pub, that rapper from the beach, the friendly guy with the big eyes who told that story
- Enjoy an encounter with The Barefoot Doctor, featuring his renowned ‘Big Om’, performed in front of 1000 people for the Dalai Lama’s ‘Road to Peace’
- Hear Tom Chivers talk about his ‘urban pilgrimages’ in partnership with Cape Farewell’s ADRIFT project
- Listen to Britain’s ’24th most influential gardener’, Richard Reynolds from Guerrilla Gardening, telling festival tales
- Enjoy our interactive zen calligraphy workshop with calligraphy, collage and textile inspiration Rosalind Wyatt
- Stop by for a workshop with visual artist Ian Giles, exploring his ‘clay meditation’ within Wilderness
- Sign up with The Mindfulness Exchange and Mark Leonard, offering mindfulness classes for all
- Follow your reflection to a secret place of solitude in the woods on our ‘mindful walking trail’ from the NOW tent to a secret location
- Experience yoga sessions with Yoga Gestalten that will work in a playful way to explore how the release of tension, accessing deeper strength and creating space can develop a sense of freedom in the body and mind
- Take part in a light hearted, hands-on clowning workshop with Philip Cowell of The You and Me Workshop
- Drop the kids off with The Mindfulness in Schools Project, tailoring fun mindfulness activities for children
- Witness breath-taking feats from the stone balancing masters at Responsible Fishing UK creating finely balanced sculpture using nothing but stones, gravity and patience
And enjoy many more NOW Festival experiences within Wilderness.